Peer to Peer Review of Worksheets
Week 4: Keywords/Aims/Questions /Methods
Write down three keywords that relate directly to your research aims
- Ethnic Identity,
Write down your 4 updated aims
- Be a voice for Romani studies in academia
- Step away from homogenizing
- Challenge generalization and focus on diversity Romani identity
- Unravel the ‘them versus us’ that seems to be present between both Romani and Gorja (non-Romani)
Write down 4 draft research questions (the research questions should be derived from your aims and modified after the feedback you received in class)
- How can I use animation to challenge the marginalized and romanticized idealization of the Romani people?
- How can I use my animation to show a diverse race of people but retain our unique ethnicity?
- How can I use my Romani voice to add to the production of knowledge in a way that will be beneficial to all my people?
- How can I use animation to challenge the media’s misrepresentation and vilifying Romani as a whole?
Write 5-8 research methods that will assist you in achieving your aims/question.
- Tacit Knowledge
- Auto-Ethnographic Research
- Photographic Documentation
- Contextual Review
- Porotypes and 3D Visualization
- Case Study
- Survey and interview
Identify 2-3 of the research methodologies related to your own research and say why they are related below:
Methodology 1: Phenomenological Research
Methodology 2: Critical Theory
Methodology 3: Heuristic Research
Identify below how your research relates to methodologies 1, 2 and 3.
- Personal experience and narrative of different subgroups of Romani
- Lack of Romani voice in academia, critical race theory, and where racism against Roma was birthed. And the ‘them versus us’ mentality and ‘otherness’
- The significance of personal experience and what it truly means to be Romani, exploring the meaning of and importance of ethnic identity in an academic context.